Sunday, January 11, 2015

Update Time!

My big boy has been home for the past few days sick and needing some TLC...so my practice time has been nonexistent.  Not to mention that after taking a couple of weeks off from contstantly working on it and only doing a small workout here and there, my poor hands seemed to have lost their callousy goodness and I have been in pain grabbing that pole!  That's not the only thing that lost it's toughness.   My inner thighs have been super SUPER sensitive since going back as well.  I keep checking for bruises....but so far, so good.  Just hurts!  Anyway.  Worked out today and thought I'd post some of the highlights...and lowlights for you to enjoy!  Notice in the first video how HIGH up on the pole I'm able to do my angel spin now!  Woo Hoo!!!!  Being able to climb up to the top of that pole has taken things to a whole new level!  Literally!




Now, I had planned to just transition right into my fan kick and ride the pole down, but it got slippery and I was down before I could get all that in motion!  Oh well!

Next up...the fan kick and ride down the pole I TRIED to add on to the video above.  We just learned this one during Christmas break!



It's getting there...slowly but surely.  Honestly...I'm just happy to be able to climb that pole!

Next up...I'm working on an invert to handstand where I will EVENTUALLY hook my heel and use counterweight to do a lean off the pole...but I keep getting my hands too far out from the pole, thus fixing myself into a lean onto the pole instead of away from.  Got to work on that.  I've nailed it a couple of times, but my inner need to keep myself from falling keeps putting those hands out farther so the odds are stacked in favor of me going nowhere but ONTO the pole! I see myself walk them farther out in this video...which is killing the last half of the move!


And finally...lest you think practice always goes well, I thought you'd enjoy this doozy where my pole proved to be just too slippery to execute the move!  Oh well.  You win some and you lose some!!!
That's all for now!  We are working on some cool stuff so hopefully I will be back soon with more!

No comments:

Post a Comment