Friday, January 30, 2015

Another week...another accomplishment

I am ALL SMILES right about now!  It has been a great week in the aerial arts gym and I am beyond happy to report that with this great week brings another super huge accomplishment for this tired mama!  While it doesn't look like much at all, I have STRUGGLED mightily with this spin.  I have been dancing around it for WEEKS!  I simply could not find my balance point where I trusted the squeeze in my legs enough to let this spin happen.  As a matter of fact, forget the spin...I could not even make this happen from a total standstill on the pole.  Letting go of that top hand and going for the reach...Mission Impossible.  Total panic.  Abort Mission.  Over and over and over again!  NOTHING in my body would agree to go along with this.  It is safe to say that my self preservation streak runs VERY deep and VERY wide.  But I hate for the sun to go down another full week and there not be anything new and cool to show for it.  And I am not disappointed this week!  Behold!!!  I finally did it!  Did I mention I can't stop smiling?!!!
And on that note...I'll just be over here icing my poor inner thighs as they are ON FIRE after today's mighty, and terribly awesome efforts!!!  Woo hoo!!!  Feel that burn!

No comments:

Post a Comment