Tuesday, February 3, 2015

working on some things

Nothing too exciting since my last post.  I'm working on a couple of things.  Well...nailed one thing.  It won't seem too much different than what I've been doing...except for the fact that I am at the very top of the pole and it is a NO HANDS move.  It ended up being way easier than I thought it was going to be.  Lest you think I'm ready to go all hands off and be comfortable with letting go of the pole now after this...I assure you that is NOT the case!  There may be no hands, but I have a death grip with my legs and not dependent on my poor abs to save me from certain death...so I'm liking this one!  Keeps me firmly in my comfort zone!
The next thing I'm working on is stringing a series of spins together and transitioning between them.  This particular video is horrible.  And I did not even come close to getting the Superman move that's supposed to be the end.  But I'm posting it so that when I DO get this combo all nice and smooth, I will be able to look back and appreciate the  progress.  So...it's rough...but here it is.  Just learned it today.

Here's hoping this all starts to come together sooner, than later!  On the bright side...I can see EXACTLY what I need to work on.  Notice that as I release that hand for the first time, my whole body wants to hug the pole?  And the release is SHORT before I scramble to get hands back on?  Yeah.  That pose should be tall and proud and stretched nicely OFF the pole.  Not at all like what I'm doing there.  So there's that!  Lots of work to do!  But one day!  Here's hoping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment